Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Practice makes perfect

Well, nearly! Hello all, DT Sonja here to share with you my recent project. While in the store the other day, I wanted to find something to help my son continue his sight words throughout the summer. I figured a whiteboard would be great and save on paper! 

Having two children (7 and 3), led me to pick up two 14 x 14 whiteboards. Which then led me to thinking some vinyl lettering and school related details would be perfect.

To cut down on the arguing over who's is who's, I went to SVG Attic's website and found the SDS Nested Alphabet (for their name) as well as the  Nested Numbers set and the 'Back to School' file.

I also picked up magnetic ABC's and popsicle sticks. I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was a great use of my son's old lunch box and a way to keep his letters and sight words all in one spot. 

 I added all the recommended sight words for 1st and 2nd grade as well as a few 3rd grade ones. 


 Not only does each child's name appear at the top of their boards, but each one has different details to make them more individualized! 


 For the crayons, because I didn't have a darker layer of each color, I simply used my eBrush to darken the under layer with sharpie markers.


For more projects, please visit Sugar Bean Cards

Materials Used:
14 x 14 Whiteboard (2)
SVG Attic Files: 
SDS Nested Alphabet
 Back to School
Back To School
Craftwell eBrush
Sharpie Markers
Silhouette Cameo
Vinyl 


7 comments: