Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Dusty the Plane Box Card with Beth

Hello all, this is Beth from Beth's Beauties.  My middle son turned 5 this month!  He is really a big fan of the Disney Cars and Planes movies.  This year we decided to go with a Planes birthday theme.  Of course the airplane box card that is in SVG Attic's Flight School kit was absolutely perfect!
 I simply used orange, white and a bit of turquoise for the main parts of the plane.
 Instead of using vellum for the windshield, I used white paper and made blue and black circles for his eyes.
 Can you believe all of the details that are part of this file?  Simply amazing!
 Instead of the suitcase that is included in this file, I added a birthday cake :)  I used candles from their Happy Birthday page kit and just cut layers for the cake base out by hand.
 Here is a side view of the card that shows more details.
The best part is that it all folds flat so it can be mailed if needed!  Now what little boy wouldn't love to get this in the mail?  I know mine LOVED his!  Here he is with his card and cake I made for his birthday.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

15 comments:

  1. Beth, your card turned out great! Everything looks perfect, what a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic. Should be a model for what all little boys cards should look like!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the sweet compliments ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandson will me 4 in March. He would love this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure he would! If you make it, share it with SVG Attic on Facebook!

      Delete
  5. I have 4 little grandsons who would love this card!! Dusty has really taken flight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ,where can I get the file for the aeroplane,
    Regards Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sylvie, it can be purchased in the Silhouette Design Store under AIRPLANE WITH WINGS BOX CARD
      by Snapdragon Snippets

      Delete