Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Valentine Heart Basket with Beth

I love everything about Valentine's Day, from the colors to the candy to the meaning behind it all.  With that being said, I sometimes get a bit carried away when making Valentine projects and this one is no exception. Truthfully, with three boys in the house, there probably should be some unwritten law against something this frilly LOL!

First I made the adorable Heart Basket from SVG Attic's Heart Shaped Box set.  The patterned paper I used was from The Paper Studio's You + Me cardstock stack.
Here is a side glance.
This is a close up of the handle.  I cut the cardstock handle and then braided red, lt. pink and white rumpled ribbon along it.  At the base of the handle I tied a bow on each side using the red and white ribbon.  Along each side of the handle I also applied eyelet scalloped trim from Erin's Scalloped Trims.  The trim was cut out of vellum.
I also added the same trim in vellum all the way around the top of the basket.
Last, but not least, I made candy treat favors from the Fun Favors collection to place in the basket.  I sized them to 5.5" wide and they fit perfectly in the basket.  At this size, they each hold two Hershey's kisses.
I had so much fun making this and I hope you enjoyed it as well!

Guess what?   SVG Attic has just released a new set!  It is called Sweet Shop Party and I am totally loving it!  Through January 26, 2014, this collection is 50% off, so if you love it like I do, don't hesitate to get it because it will go back to regular price after that :)
Have a wonderfully crafty day!

Beth
Beth's Beauties

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet basket! Anyone who loves Valentine's Day would be so happy to receive this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment! I am glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. Love it Beth! You always do such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth,

    I love your Valentine's project!!! :) It looks complicated the way you braided the ribbon...

    I love SVG Attic's huge selection of Valentines!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked my project! Actually, the braiding was quite simple. I just placed adhesive on the top of the paper handle and braided the ribbon, pressing it to the paper as I went. It sounds harder than it really is :)

      Delete